Becoming a good Surgeon is a lifelong process. It is every young surgeon’s dream. In pursuit of becoming a “good” surgeon they put their blood and sweat into it. Imagine what it requires for being the “best” in your craft. To be called the best chest surgeon or thoracic surgeon in Delhi or any geographic domain, is an honour. But can everyone become the best? It’s not an easy question to answer. Especially if you look at it from a patients perspective.
When your primary physician or other specialist like a Pulmonologist tells you that you need to see a thoracic surgeon, it can feel unnerving. Finding a highly skilled thoracic surgeon can help put you at ease. But how do you find the best thoracic surgeon in Delhi or India for you or your loved ones?
Probably there are no specific measurable metrics which can define a good or best Surgeon. But may be if there were some, then they would be – Knowledge, Degrees, Experience, Empathy, Manual dexterity, Leadership quality, Mental toughness, Ability to take critical decisions and handle complex surgeries etc.
Unlikely that you or any one else can assess a surgeon on ‘all’ these indices. But here are some important factors to keep in mind in your pursuit of the best thoracic surgeon in Delhi or anywhere else:
- Have a feedback from operated patients and their families. This is quite easily available these days in the form of Google reviews, Facebook reviews etc
- What can even be a more decisive factor is the “first hand experience with the surgeon” in his clinic. Evaluate his communication style. During the consultations, the surgeon should be able to take you through the whole process of surgery, its after care and should address all your concerns
- He or she should inspire confidence in you during all pre-surgical consultations
- The surgeon should dwell on the topic of complications related to the surgery and spend time making you aware of them. The idea is not to scare you but keeping you informed and well prepared
- Please steer clear of any surgeon claiming 100% success and 0% risks or similar tactics
Dr. Kamran Ali –
One of the best thoracic surgeon in Delhi
He graduated in Medicine from JNMCH, Aligarh, following which he finished his residency in Surgery from the prestigious Sir Ganga Ram Hospital, New Delhi. He then trained extensively in Thoracic Surgery in India, South Korea and Japan. His training in India at Medanta the Medicity, covered the entire spectrum of General Thoracic Surgery. At Seoul National University, South Korea he mainly focused on acquiring the skills of Minimally Invasive Thoracic Surgery (VATS and Robotics), while his time at National Cancer Centre and Tokyo University in Japan was spent mostly in learning complex lung resections for thoracic cancers.
After the fellowships, he worked as a Consultant chest surgeon in Thoracic Surgery with the Fortis Group of Hospitals, Delhi NCR and later at Sir Ganga Ram Hospital, New Delhi.
Before joining Marengo QRG Hospital he was working as a Senior Consultant in Lung Transplant & Thoracic Surgery at Yashoda Hospitals, Hyderabad and successfully performed many complex Double and Single Lung Transplants.
Apart from his surgical and academic expertise, he is very well known for his impeccable bedside manners. He is quite popular amongst his patients and puts them at ease right from the word go, and has great interpersonal communication skills. Dr. Ali’s passion for his work is reflected in the dedication and commitment he brings to each and every surgery he performs. He is known for his meticulous attention to detail and his willingness to go the extra mile to ensure the best outcomes for his patients. He is also an advocate of patient-centered care and works closely with his patients to provide them with the best possible care. For the above mentioned qualities, many of his patients refer to him as one of the best chest surgeon or thoracic surgeon in Delhi.